How To Look Like A Jedi
Since Star Wars’ inception thousands of people have become loyal subjects of the Force religion, have followed numerous battles the Jedi have fought in both film, books and comics and become experts in all things Star Wars related. It has captured the imaginations of millions of people around the world and is undoubtedly George Lucas’ finest work. The characters are unlike any other that we have come across in film; Darth Vader epitomizes everything that is evil in the universe and Princess Leia is nothing but a heroine that embodies both beauty and strength. However, the best characters in our minds are the mighty Jedi Knights.
Becoming a Jedi Knight
Looking like a Jedi is one thing, but becoming one is a state of mind. Below you will find a great guide on how to create your own Jedi Knight costume and where you can find a wide selection of outfits that capture the true essence of all your favourite characters.
Do It Yourself
You will need:
- Sewing machine
- Brown fabric
- Brown thread
- Fabric pen
Method (In seven easy steps)
1. The amount of fabric you will need depends on your size. The width of the fabric must stretch from one wrist to the other, spanning across your chest and the length of the fabric must measure twice your height.
2. Fold the fabric width-wise, lay it on the floor and position yourself onto the fabric ensuring that your shoulders are in line with the fold of the fabric (arms stretched parallel with your shoulders).
3. Have someone trace the shape of your body using a fabric pen and make sure they leave an inch outside the line.
4. Pin the fabric together and cut the shape of your robe.
5. Sew together both pieces of the robe and turn it inside out.
6. Make the front opening by cutting a straight line up the middle to the shoulder fold.
7. Now you need to tidy up the edges. Take out your sewing machine again, fold the inch of fabric you left back into the inside of the robe and sew.
Star Wars Costumes From All Fancy Dress
As soon as you wear one of these costumes you’ll immediately get into character and you’re sure to feel the Force’s presence. They’re of extremely good quality and as they hold the official Star Wars brand you know that what you’re buying is the real thing.
If a Jedi is not the character you wish to dress as for a Star Wars event, you will be pleased to know that there is a vast range of costumes to wear. Choose from a selection of Princess Leia costumes Darth Vader outfits and Yoda costumes, as well as costumes that emulate the style of a Clone Trooper, Amidala and Emperor Palpatine.
How to look like a Jedi has been written by All Fancy Dress, one of the greatest Star Wars costume retailers. Why not check out the website today?